District 1 - Kristin Olsen
Kristin Olsen was born and raised in Stanislaus County and graduated from Modesto High School. She was elected to the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors in June 2016 and began her term in January 2017, after representing Stanislaus and San Joaquin Counties in the California State Assembly since 2010. Olsen founded Red Suit, LLC, in 2016, a consulting firm where she helps others effectively work within the government sphere and political landscape. Her favorite role, however, is as mom to her three children.
While serving as the Assembly Republican Leader from 2014-2016, Olsen developed a statewide reputation as a dynamic, forward-thinking leader – “the sort of person the Republicans need” (LA Daily News) and whom Democrat Governor Jerry Brown described as “pragmatic and effective.” In her San Joaquin Valley district, Olsen earned high marks as a bipartisan consensus builder whose “party affiliation was of less importance than her Valley affiliation” (Modesto Bee).
Olsen currently serves on the Board of Directors for CA Women Lead that recruits and trains women to pursue appointed and elected office, as well as on the Supervisory (Audit) Committee for Valley First Credit Union. Her prior work experience included service on the Modesto City Council, and executive positions at CSU Stanislaus and the California Restaurant Association. Olsen is an Aspen-Rodel Fellow and a magna cum laude graduate of Westmont College.
Took Office: January 2017
First Term Expires: January 2021
2018 Board Committee Assignments
- Capital Facilities Committee
- City-County 10th Street JPA Commissions
- Commission of the California County Tobacco Securitization Agency
- Community Development Committee
- General Plan Update Committee
- Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council
- North County Corridor Transportation Express Authority
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District Board of Directors
- Stanislaus County Remote Access Network (RAN) Board